Five (5) positions are available for election to the Members’ Advisory Council of the St. Georges Club (MAC). Two (2) positions are for 1-year terms to replace resigning members; and three (3) are for 3 years. Terms will start at the conclusion of the 2015 AGM, now scheduled to be held on-island (for the first time) at the Club on November 8, 2015.
The nominations and election will proceed on the following schedule:
- Self-nominations are open immediately.
- Nominee statements and ballot information will be distributed to the membership by September 1, 2015.
- Voting via the internet will take place between September 1 and September 30, 2015.
Members in good standing who have an interest in serving on the MAC should consider the following guidelines for candidates:
- They are an active user of their week(s) currently owned at the Club.
- They have personal experience in areas of interest to the MAC.
- They are willing to work toward creating positive cooperation between the MAC and Club management.
- They have and actively use an email account. (Communication via email needs to be a natural part of their daily activity, because much of the MAC participation is by email.)
- IT experience would be helpful.
MAC members serve without compensation, but travel and other expenses are reimbursed by the Club, which is also obligated to indemnify certain MAC members’ legal liabilities, if any. The MAC is not a board of directors. It rather “advises” Club management and communicates with the Bermuda government, acting as a “voice” of the Club members.
Those interested in serving on the MAC for one of the terms should provide the following:
- Your full name, home city, week(s) owned, cottage #(s) and # of years of ownership
- Rather than a CV or bio, a 300-word maximum paragraph including:
- why you want to serve
- what relevant skills you bring
- what issue(s) would be your top priority
- what attracted you to the Club originally
Self-nominations must be received by August 15, 2015, via email (preferred) to the MAC Chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org or, by regular mail, to: Michael Dennis, 103 Devine Road, San Antonio, TX 78212.